Weeknight dinners can be quite a challenge, especially with the kid’s extracurriculars, a demanding work schedule, and social life, there just isn’t much time to make dinner. Although, it’s shameful to miss out on a traditional Taco Tuesday. With this crockpot chicken taco recipe, all you have to do is throw the few ingredients into your slow cooker and let it do its thing for several hours. After just one bite, you’ll be adding the easy meal idea to your weekly dinner rotation. Oh, and don’t forget the chips, queso, salsa, and guacamole as the perfect sides.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup canned, diced tomatoes with chiles drained (or Rotel works too)
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 package taco seasoning (or a homemade blend of your own)
Step By Step Instructions
- Begin by adding the canned tomatoes, taco seasoning, and salsa into your crockpot.
- Next, add the onions and chicken into the crockpot and top with the tomatoes.
- With the third step, you have a few options, and it all depends on how much time you have. If you have 7-8 hours, cook the chicken on low. Although, if you’re working with a tighter time frame, cooking the meat on high for 3-4 hours will do the trick.
- Once cooking is complete, remove the juicy chicken from the crockpot, as it is time to shred the meat. If you have shredder claws, of course, use those, but two forks will do just fine.
- At last, all you have to do now is enjoy the easy, delicious meal. Serve the juicy Mexican-style meat with taco shells, in a bowl, over a bed of nachos, or topping a salad.
If you’re really looking to enjoy taco night, make sure to have a few toppings on hand, including tomatoes, pico de gallo, cheese, jalapenos, cilantro, lettuce, and even lime to squeeze.
You might also like: Check Out A Chevy MyWay Virtual Tour Of Your Favorite Models
Come Visit Us in Columbia, Mississippi
Now that you’ve served up a scrumptious dinner, it’s time to search for a family-friendly vehicle capable of endless adventures ahead. Be sure to view our diverse inventory online, and come see at Walt Massey Chevrolet Buick GMC Columbia!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.